Saturday, September 25, 2010

Banana-na-na Bread!

I must say, I love fall! The crisp air, beautiful colors, and the excuse to bake yummy things!  I hadn't actually planned on making banana bread today, however I don't like to see food go to waste, so the 7 bananas I had needed to morf into something delicious!
Interested in baking up some of the best bread this side of the mississippi river? Here's the recipe:


Gramma Mae's Banana Nut Bread


1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar (I always use less)
     Cream together, then add
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. nutmeg (I always use more)
     Mix well on med-high for at least 1 minute, then add
3-4 ripe bananas
     Mix well on med-high, then add
1/2 c. sour milk (use a teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar)
2 c. flour
1/2 c. pecans or walnuts (if you like 'em)
     Mix well. Pour into greased bread pan or muffin liners and bake at
     350 degrees.
60 min for bread pan
30 min for muffins

This is an original recipe my gramma perfected.  Enjoy!

Shop Taste of Home
 

Friends

Blog List